1. What is the working title of your book?
This hop is about works in progress, so today I’m going to discuss a book of
mine that’s awaiting the editing process called The Middle Eight.
2. Where did you get the idea for this book? The farm where
the main character, Ray, grew up is based on a farm not far from the
neighborhood where I grew up. Also, I know a thing or two about drummers,
which helped with another character named Van.
3. What is the genre for this book? The Middle Eight is
a romantic comedy.
4. If you could pick actors to play the lead characters in your story,
who would you pick? Ray is an anal-retentive accountant with a dry
sense of humor and a body like a brick house, so I’m thinking someone like
Chyler Leigh (Lexis from Grey’s Anatomy). Van is a tall, lean, muscular drummer
with long wavy light-brown hair, the quiet-type with a mischievous smile… so I
have no idea what young actor would fit the bill. Let me know if you have any ideas
so I can stalk him. I’d love to see Melissa McCarthy as Macy, Ray’s best friend.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? When the
normal life Ray has always dreamed of unravels, she falls for a drummer, comes
to terms with her unconventional childhood, and discovers that normal was never
really in her best interest.
6. How will your book be published, submitted through a traditional
publisher or through Indie Publishing methods? I am still editing this
one, and will look at submitting it for publication this winter.
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of this
book? The first draft only took me 8 months to write, start to finish.
8. What other books within your genre are similar to yours?
Was While You Were Sleeping based on a book? Something with a flawed main
character who falls in love with someone she doesn’t expect to.
9. Who or what inspired you to write this book? It was
definitely not inspired by a very sweaty picture of a young David Grohl,
drumming like his life depended on it, and I certainly don’t have said picture
as my screensaver on my laptop, because grown women who are obsessed with
celebrities tend to end up with restraining orders.
10. What about your book will pique the reader’s interest?
This story has great characters, fun twists, sex, drugs, and rock and roll. What
more could you want?
Please keep the hop going and check out the following authors to learn about
their upcoming books…